For 500B, it's OK. But it's noisy and not very clean. It's a very basic hotel. For 500B, you get what you pay for. It's right on a very busy road, so not quiet. No restaurants nearby. But it's good for travelers, right off the main road.
Seems to being converted into condos. So not sure of the future status.
I stayed at this hotel two times in October 2012. It is a newer hotel and appears to have been built quickly, with a lack of attention to fit and finish. My first room at the hotel was on the second floor and after taking a shower I was notified by the front desk that I had to change rooms because the drain was leaking into the room below. The beds were excellent as were the other furnishings in the room. It had a large flat screen TV with international channels. On both of my stays it seemed I was the only guest at the hotel. The hotel has a large parking area in front of it, so the building is set back from the busy road. A Thai breakfast was included in the room rate, which was less than 500 baht a night. The breakfast was was self service. The main food item was rice soup, which was very tasty. There was also tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, and biscuits. I think they even had some fruit one of the days. Like most hotels it is best to get to the breakfast early to get the best selection. I was not there early so there may have been more to it than I experienced. The location is away from the downtown tourist and shopping areas. I think the hotel is a very good value and provides what a hotel should, a good place to rest from travel. I would certainly stay there again.
Hotel is situated on but set back from the Kalasin Highway (south-east outskirts of Khon Kaen). Hotel opened in July, 2012. 15 minute drive from downtown Khon Kaen and 6 minutes drive to village of Ban Prakua. 15 min. walk, 4 min. drive to nearest open-air Thai restaurant (good food). Hotel has 40+ rooms, multi-story, interior hallways.
Depending on what your priorities are, this hotel may serve your needs. If price, good bed and cleanliness are the main considerations, it will likely suffice. Building and contents assembled on a very low budget. Manager, Lyn, who speaks good English and is obviously educated, tries her best to run a decent operation but staff speak minimal English and, I suspect, are all paid the minimum wage.
GOOD - Cleanliness throughout
- Rooms - Good size, very comfortable beds and duvets, fridge in room, quiet for sleeping
- Air conditioning in room - Works well and is reasonably quiet
- Parking - lots of space for cars and motorbikes
- Small outdoor patio outside lobby at front of hotel where you can order a drink, incl. beer
- Room pricing - Low rates
BAD OR NOT SO GOOD
- Location - remote from city, bus stations (15 min.), airport (30 min.), restaurants and shops
- Breakfast (incl.) - rice gruel, cookies, tea, coffee, ovaltine
- Elevator - one only - small, slow, inadequate
- Maid service - Good (when it is done). One day our room was not made up when we returned mid-afternoon. When I complained at reception, room was soon made up and fresh towels left but bathroom was not touched. One day I observed a couple of young kids (children of one of the maids, presumably) helping clean rooms on our floor. I DID NOT LIKE THIS.
- Bathroom - Open shower and water sprays all over bathroom floor so floor remains wet throughout day until next cleaning. Only one tiny shelf over sink for toiletries which is totally inadequate if a man and woman are occupying the room. Entry door to bathroom is not high enough. If you are taller than 180 cm. you would bump your head.
- Hangers in wardrobe - only 2 - inadequate