Was here in off season so only paid 800RS a night for a double room. Was very clean and the manager was extremely helpful. only downsides were the rock hard pillows and very very very slow internet (which considering every restaurant in the area has wifi wasn't much of an issue)
Overall though was very pleased with my stay here.
This is my fourth trip to Pokhara. Compared to others, Hotel Khukuri has good value - good sized, clean rooms. I appreciate that it is 100m off the Main Street because it is not as noisy. The location is excellent. Everything in Lakeside is a short walk away. Easy access from the bus station for where they have a fixed price of 200 rupees.
The only reason I didn't give five stars is that the Internet was spotty (not sure if the Internet is 100% reliable anywhere in Nepal) and the showers were not always warm.
Still, for a budget hotel this is a really good place to stay.
Very bad experience.
1. The hotel is located right next to two clubs - which have terribly loud music until midnight. The bed was shaking from the distortion of the rock club, and the windows vibrating from Nepali music from the other club.
2. Dirty! Cockroaches, dirty floor and bathroom.
3. No WiFi in the rooms, though they promised they have. Needed to sit in the corridor to check e-mail.
4. No hot water, though they said they have.
5. Very unfriendly stuff.
6. Very, very uncomfortable bed and pillows.
Will really stay elsewhere next time in Pokhara.