We travel last Dec 2014 to experience snow so it's very Cold outside but surprisingly it is also cold inside our room. I hope improvement in the heater. The location is uphill. But Mr. Park is friendly and helpful. Near Myeondong shopping area and limousine bus.
I personally believe this is a good place to stay. The owner Mr Park is very friendly and helpful. He is always there to help us. The room is small but cosy and clean. Bathroom is attached in every room. While everything is good, definitely not all are perfect.
1. Real true that it's location is near to Myeongdong shopping area, but if you are pretty tired shopping whole day, u will be amazed that you will need to walk uphill to the guest house. It is located pretty high side. So make sure you conserve some energy for u to walk uphill back.
2. No aircond for you during the autumn. I was there during autumn, the aircond is there on the wall, but I can't find the controller. Which means since the weather is cold enough outside, you need to make use of that. U have to open your window..!!!
3. The bathroom is cozy and small. I personally feel the bathroom is pretty dangerous. In such a tiny bathroom, you will have power socket at your right, tissue roll on your left wall. Behind you is the bathroom door. In dilemma, I may die electrocuted if my shower head spray to the socket at right, if spray to the left, the whole roll of toilet paper is gonna wet. To the middle, it sprays to the door. Your tiny room gonna be flooded. Your wish? Anyway, water pressure and temperature is superb!!
4. Prepare to have no washing machine. If you have stayed in many other guesthouses in Seoul, all of them will have washing and drying machine. Too bad, Kukje has no. If you wanna save money, make sure ur laundry had been washed in previous guesthouse. Otherwise sending ur laundry to conventional laundry shop in Myeongdong is expensive.
1. Perfect place for you to stay if the next destination is airport. There is a airport shuttle that directly bring you to airport nearby. Shuttle service as early as 5.40am. Approximately 1 hour journey to airport.
That's all of my sharing.. Have a pleasant stay..
Petit hotel en contrebas de la route, donc pas de bruit; A partir de la station Myongdong, prendre la sortie opposée au quartier piétonnier et remonter la rue qui tourne à droite et qui monte assez fortement., on doit passer devant la Croix Rouge et passer de l'autre coté immédiatement au feu rouge, la route du Kukje est à 5m à gauche. environ 200m depuis la station. Petite chambre avec fenêtre, ondol, petite salle de bains, petites serviettes de toilettes(3), pas de draps mais ça à l'air normal dans les guesthouses en Corée, c'est remplacé par des sortes de couvertures. Wifi :ok , petit-déjeuner, thé,café,toast beurre confiture. Le responsable qui a l'air de faire tout faire dans l'hotel, a transcrit l'hotel ou je partais et l'endroit ou j'allais en coréen, a appelé l'hotel pour être sur de l'adresse, pris ma valise et la mise dans un taxi ; J'ai jamais vu ça en Europe. Un peu cher pour le type de chambre mais justifié par la proximité des rues piètonnes de Myongdong.