We pay too much for what we get. The bure was very old and not clean. There were ants everywhere in the room. We did not have any running water at first. Once the problem solved, what we got is a VERY muddy water. Shower and toilets were blocked. Mosquito window screens had huge holes.
The food wasn't good, and too little. There was no snack or drinks available during the day. There is nothing like a "bar" and "restaurant"as advertised.Staff was not friendly and tried to rip us off a couple of times. Bad beach in front of the resort. Have to walk 30 min to a nice beach.
Very disappointing after a 5 hour boat ride from Nadi. We left after one night.
I didn't have very high expectations of this place when I arrived, however it turned out to be a wonderful stay. I was at Bay of Plenty for four nights and for two of them I was the only guest.
- Exceptionally peaceful
- Beautiful surroundings with the village next door
- Picturesque 30 minute walk to the pristine Long Beach
- Large serves or food
- Friendly family
- Great hiking
- No beach, but there's plenty more to do
- A serious ant problem in the bures. My entire floor was black with ants and they frequented the bed. (Bring mortein/strong bug spray) I was covered in ant bites and unfortunately one got very infected- but that was just bad luck.
- Price- although it was quite cheap, I still believe it was overpriced. I read in the awesome adventures booklet that the resort had free boat transfers to the resort from the big boat and they would transfer you for free to the nearby beaches, however it was $30 pp for the boat transfer and $35 pp to the beach. Kayaking was $15pp.
-No water for an entire day, which meant the toilet was unable to flush and no showers/drinking water, but maybe this was a rare occurrence.
- Cleanliness- the toilet had not been cleaned and was quite filthy when I arrived.
So, I just wrote a really long review, but then it disappeared...so let me try a shorter version:
Amazing people, great food, beautiful grounds. If you want to relax and have great experiences with Fijian people, this is the place for you. You will feel like a part of their family by the time you leave. You can hike, kayak, snorkel, go for boat rides, dig for cockles, and really just relax. The kava ceremony we participated in over in the neighboring village was one of the most fun and authentic experiences we've had during the last 7 months of travel. We think about Jerry, Rosa, and family often. We hope you are doing well!!
-John and Anna
Have a look at this short video we put together of our experience.
If you want to see more of Bay of Plenty, then feel free to take a look at our Fiji blog posts on that same website (www.rtdub.com).
放心找马塔萨瓦岛的酒店，飞猪为您提供马塔萨瓦岛酒店预订、实时酒店价格、特惠酒店预订以及马塔萨瓦岛住宿推荐，精选了多家马塔萨瓦岛酒店、宾馆、青年旅舍、青年旅社、经济连锁酒店、星级酒店供您选择。 马塔萨瓦岛酒店预订，酒店团购，特价酒店，尽在飞猪。移动版：Bay of Plenty Lodge