O apart-hotel Guignard hoje é um condomínio, mas mantém seu antigo restaurante, o melhor da Savassi na relação custo-benefício. Pratos variados, comida honesta, preço perfeito. Destaque para a feijoada de sexta-feirta.
Bem localizado, com estacionamento barato, próximo do comércio e do shopping Pátio Savassi. Tem cozinha bem equipada. Cama boa. O único senão é o chuveiro, que poderia ser melhor. Café da manhã bom e variado. Equipe super simpática. Adorei!
This Promenade hotel is really well-located in the heart of Savassi.
The hotel was a real top hotel when constructed, but needs a full renovation. However, the rooms are good and ample, all being suites. And the price is usually very accessible.
But location is the best thing with this hotel, with lots of restaurants round the corner.
The hotel is located in the heart of Belo Horizonte in the Savassi district. According to my hosts, this area is great and safe to just browse around at your leisure. There are many bars here and the caipirinha's are flowing! There is a good lunch place a few doors down, Chale Mineiro, that serves up some good barbeque, if you know what I mean. I stayed for 3 days and very little english is spoken here so be prepared! Every Thursday there is a street festival around the opposite corner of the lunch place and it is full of music, food, fun, and beer! It was a nice experience!!
1. Location is great! 2. Clean rooms! +2 points
Now for the bad...
1. No rooms have screens on the windows so you cannot open your windows at night unless you like to be eaten alive by mosquitos. I left my windows open one night and woke up with 20 bites all over my body. I changed floors and sides of the building and it did not make a difference. Absolutely terrible. -1 point
2. INTERNET IS TERRIBLE... like in the year 1998;(! I cannot keep in touch with my loved ones back home on Skype as it cuts out continuosly. Internet sufficient for emails or basic searching only. If you go to the promenade 10 min away that costs double the price you get great internet. Sad a big company would do this to patrons that stay here for months at a time. -1 point
3. Breakfast is alright but not good. Food starts to taste the same at the end of one month. eggs are gross. -1 point
4. lighting in rooms terrible for working in the hotel. Way too dim. -1 point
I would only recommend this hotel for small stays... say 2 weeks max as it does not know how to cater to long term stays. If you can deal with the negative points I mentioned then this is the place for you. Otherwise.... stay away and do some more research. Seems like this place needs to get caught up to the year 2012.