I am writing this because I got the worst treatment in this lodge type hotel where i stayed on 11th of Dec 2018 I had to left this hotel on 12th though my tour operator booked it for 4 days. When we ask for anything the staff start quarrelling instead of providing e.g. my wife asked to serve the tea in ceramic cups the old man sitting on the counter said u want tea silver cup, why not gone to a 5 star hotel. This is one example. On complaing to trip operator (Destinty Holiday) and to change the hotel he too looted me and i had paid a lot of extra money.
When i told the old man sitting on the counter that i would write bad comments he laughingly and tauntingly said "bada shok se likhiye".
So, friends avoid to stay in HOTEL RITZ,ANDMAN if want pieceful stay.
We came to Andaman with package from Peace Andaman Tours and travels. So in package we got this hotel at Port Blair. Our stay was delightful and hotel service is good.Rooms were clean and breakfast was good
I am describing all the things in order, I stayed in this hotel for 2days from 28-dec to 29-dec-2017.
1)Basically it is a lodge not a hotel.
2)Only two members staff to handle all the stuff.
3)No person to carry your luggage during check-ins and checkouts.
4)No balcony in the rooms so you cannot enjoy evening balcony talks.
5) and because of no balcony you cannot dry your clothes in open and you have to dry your clothes in rooms due to this rooms become smelly.
6)No RO treated water and no packed water in the hotel to purchase everytime you have to go down to purchase.
7)Congested hotel no space 1.5 feet wide gallery which make this place more terrible.
8)Manager cum Multi tasking person sitting on the reception is very rude and unprofessional he start fighting.
9)Never pre-book this hotel online.
10)In the name of extra bedding they just provide you matress no bed so you have to put matress on floor and sleep I am attaching image with this review.
10)Owner of this hotel ( a old uncle) he is also very rude and unprofessional because if you complaint about anything to him he support his staff and they become very aggressive and starting arguing with you in spite of solving.
11) Average Price per night is approx 2500? and in real this place is like 500-700? lodge.
12)Owner never try to solve your problem, he is very over smart and egotistic person because his family members are in Andaman and Nicobar government, He threaten me when I was complaining all the above issue with Mr. Owner.
Overall experience: 0/5
And for more information you can ask me questions anytime.
It's an average lodge at the best. We hired 4 rooms (all families with kids).
* Proximity to Airport (15mins), Cellular Jail (5mins), Jetty for Ross / North Bay Island departure (10mins), Harbour for Havelock / Neil departure (15mins).
* Restaurants, local shopping markets, ATMs and other tourist requirements are closeby too.
* If you wish not to spend too much on stay in Port Blair (which would be my advise too) and keep your expectations low, this place might solve the purpose.
* They did not charge extra bed charges for kids.
* The lodge does look shabby the moment you cross the reception.
* It does not have a restaurant atleast for now (The owner said it will be ready in few months).
* There's no room service for food, not even for coffee. But that was the case in another super cool resort that we stayed in Havelock. Not sure if it's an Andaman thing.
* I can't say the staff are rude, but they aren't courteous either. You can't expect a friendly smile too. Within their limited resources they are willing to help. But you can't expect them to stretch even a little bit.
* The rooms and reception start from the 1st floor and they have a 2nd and 3rd floor, but there's no lift too. Stairs are not wide enough if you carry two suitcases at a time.
* One of the four rooms we booked smelled bad. They did clean it well in the next morning, but that night stay was a pain. (The cleaning staff come only in the morning by 8.30 types and leave in an hour it seems. So no cleaning is possible during the rest of the day).
* Rooms have window AC, a small TV and Geiser. AC cooling will be slow. Beds are OK, not good, not too bad either.
* Few rooms had only towel and bedsheets. There was an hour delay in getting one more towel and bedsheets from them, and the staff won't even apologize for the delay.
* Break fast is below average. Since their restaurant is yet to be ready, they buy food from outside. The menu was always limited to maximum two items - either idly and dosa or poori and dosa. On one day, it was limited to only one item (idly only).
* We checked-in on 1st Nov and checked-out on 3rd Nov. Again checked-in on 5th Nov and checked out on 6th Nov. Except while check-in on 1st Nov, we had to carry our luggage up and down the lodge through narrow stairs all other times.
* They gave only 3 WiFi connections even though we hired 4 rooms (not even 1 per room). That too does not work beyond the reception. Even at the reception it is slow. (I heard this Internet speed problem exists across Andaman).
* They don't keep stuff like soaps / tooth brush / tooth paste which we might find in some other hotels.
* They don't give time exemption for check outs. The reason they gave was that the cleaning staff come only around that time and they have to give them cleared rooms for cleaning. Not that they threw us out at 8.30 sharp. We handed over the keys by 9.00am, they didn't even complain.
To summarize, if you want to spend less on Port Blair stay, keep expectations low and try to get a good bargain, cos the proximity of the hotel to some places will help. Expecting anything beyond that, is going to disappoint you.